TERMS OF REFERENCE: Photography and Videography of the Empower @ Scale event on December 9th, 2019
Oxfam is a worldwide organisation working together with partners and local communities in more than 90 countries focusing on the alleviation of global poverty. Oxfam in Uganda works with others to end inequality and its injustices.
About Empower @ Scale Project (From 7th May 2019 to 6th May 2020)
Scaling up household methodologies from thousands to millions (Empower @ Scale) is a four-year Multi-country project implemented in 3 countries (Uganda, Kenya and Nigeria) with an ultimate objective of scaling up the use of Gender Action Learning Systems (GALS) through establishing a network of self-sustaining Empowerment Learning Centres (ELCs). ELCs are service centres for Gender Action Learning System (GALS) to different clients including Local government, Private Sector, CSOs, development actors, humanitarian actors, rural households, research / knowledge and academic institutions. ELCs provide an opportunity for people to learn about GALS and the different models of how GALS can / has been integrated in different development programme.
GALS is a structured community-led empowerment methodology which aims at creating self-led economic, social and political transformation starting at community level. It works with women and men to develop their visions for change, appreciate their strengths, achievements and work collectively to address gender inequalities within the family and community. Using the power of symbols and principles of inclusion, GALS uses a set of tools that enable individuals and households to plan their lives, identify and negotiate their needs and interests for gender-equitable livelihoods thus enabling them to change the gender and power relations that would otherwise constrain them from achieving their visions.
About the event
To make significant global impact on gender equality, millions of people need to be reached. Oxfam plans to convene a range of stakeholders across different divides for a one-day workshop with an ultimate objective of popularizing GALS for further upscaling.
The National Stakeholders event which will take place on Monday 9th December 2019 will convene a range of stakeholder’s Including Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), Government agencies, Development partners, Academia, Media, Politicians, from across different divides for a one-day workshop with an ultimate objective of popularizing GALS for further upscaling.
The event will be characterized by a main session in the morning, three break away sessions during mid-morning and a panel discussion and plenary in the afternoon.
Summary of the assignment
Oxfam requires a photographer /videographer to document the event.
Project title: Empower @scale
Communication Objective: Document the event through photography and videography to be used for event reporting, and generally included in the database for use in publication as case study/photographic evidence.
- At least 50 sharp edited high res images form the event (delivered on both DVD and with a link)
- All shots taken at the event
- Full video of the event delivered on Oxfam branded DVD
- Short highlight video of the event capturing key moments including short interviews of what some guests thought of the methodology.
- Please note that the major activities will take place indoors
Photographs should include a range of shots from:
- Dynamic and observational shots of people conveying action, movement and energy
- Portrait shots - try to shoot a balance of portrait and landscape shots.
- Animated portraits of key individuals conveying their personality and emotion (both acknowledging the camera and not)
- Close-up detail of relevant objects and textures.
Please note that Oxfam does not work with black and white shots
- The consultant(s) will adhere to Oxfam policies
- The consultant(s) will sign the Oxfam external code of conduct.
- The consultant(s) will present his / her subjects with dignity.
- The consultant(s) will be expected to bring creativity
The event with take place on 9th December 2019 therefore the service provider should be readily available.
Consultant(s) will submit the photos by link and on a branded CD by 10th December 2019.
Consultant will submit the video by 13th Dec 2019.
How to apply:
Please submit your budget and detailed cost breakdown for the event to email@example.com by 10:am on Friday 6th Dec 2019