Project MEAL Officer
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In Uganda, our program is anchored on three broad themes deliberately focused on Women’s Rights: Governance and Accountability, Resilient Livelihoods and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response. All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
Oxfam in Uganda is looking for a competent person to join our dynamic, innovative and committed team in the position of Project MEAL Officer
- To be based in Arua, the MEAL Officer shall work with Emergency Response Manager & Technical Coordinators (WASH, EFSVL and Protection) and the Program Quality Coordinator in developing/updating MEAL frameworks and tools and, work with the project team in implementing MEAL framework and tools
- The Jobholder shall prepare a clear data collection plan in discussion with the technical team and lead on all field data collection exercises, data management and analysis and, analyse the data, together with the project team, and share them in the required format
- Undertake periodic monitoring and technical support visits to partner working areas to assess progress against agreed MEAL system and recommend corrective actions as appropriate
- S/he shall work closely with partner MEAL teams or focal points on overall MEAL issues
- S/he shall collect best practices, case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period
This position will require
- A Bachelor’s degree in Degree in Statistics, social sciences/humanities discipline from a recognised university
- At least 3 years of practical experience and knowledge in monitoring and evaluation and program management in emergency or development context projects with Monitoring, evaluation, Accountability and Learning responsibilities
- Experience of working in a multicultural team, knowledge and experience of working in partnerships
- Excellent coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commitment to gender equality and social justice
- Proven Knowledge of computerised systems & computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines
- Experience in and the ability to train people
How to apply
Please follow the link below to access the detailed Job Descriptions and submit your application or send your CV and cover letter by 24th May 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.