Project Manager Business Development Services
Oxfam is looking for a competent person to join our dynamic, innovative and committed team in the above position.
The Project Manager Business Development Services is part of the Resilient Livelihoods team and reports to the Resilient Livelihoods Thematic Manager. The position is responsible for the implementation of Oxfam’s Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SME) Development project in Uganda by directly managing the project as well as directly engaging with businesses (SMEs) and other key stakeholders such as policy-makers and impact investors.
As part of a larger team, the Project Manager also provides input into broader organizational activities such Country Strategy development or other private sector related projects like SMEs and Value Chains development which are core areas of Oxfam’s work in promoting inclusive business/social enterprises and engendering pro-poor value chains.
Skills and experience:
- A Masters’ degree in Business Administration (preferably majoring in business development) or other relevant field
- At least five (5) years demonstrable experience in Project Management working with or within SMEs or start-ups, developing business plans, overseeing training and support programmes, accessing finance, and relevant professional experience in an INGO setting.
- Knowledge of small businesses, social & environmental impact, impact investing, policy environment
- Commitment to Oxfam’s goal to end poverty, its policies and its core values
- Analytical, conceptual thinking, influencing, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences, openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of our work
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible
How to apply
Please follow the links below to access the detailed Job Description and submit your application by 24th May, 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.