FINANCE & ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Team Purpose: As a member of the Uganda Response Team based at the Oxfam Office in Kyaka, you assist the response in managing petty cash and field office transactions; support in the administration.
Job Purpose: The primary responsibility of this position is to manage finances and Administration at the field office to ensure proper utilization of organizational resources and timely financial reporting. The FAO will be exemplary in his commitment to Oxfam Novib core values, upholding principles and policies.
- Maintain the office petty cash and make payments of casual staff and volunteers as approved by the Response Manager.
- Preparation of monthly imprest reports for submission to the FO.
- Preparation of project financial reports in collaboration with the FO.
- Support the partners to develop and maintain project financial reporting templates and based on monthly visits provide advice on the improvement of financial management systems of partners
- Budget preparation and analysis as and when required
- Ensure timely and eligible accountability of staff project/travel advances
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices, payments and accountabilities
- Carry out random verifications of completed works and assets together with Logistics and Programme teams.
- Answer questions and provide assistance to stakeholders, volunteers, suppliers and contractors as needed
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
- Adhere to the company's or organization’s financial policies and procedures
- Follow up with various attendance sheets of casuals at various sites/locations for payments
Admin & Management
- Facilitate hotel and guesthouse bookings for OXFAM staff and visitors, follow-up the presentation of monthly bills and ensure that approved payment request is submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure Cleanliness of Oxfam Kyaka ll office & Supervision of the guards & Cleaner while making sure their payment requests are processed promptly & accurately.
- Monitor the Usage of Utilities to ensure cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist with new hire selection process field level including providing orientation and ensuring the provision of appropriate training
- coordinates and prepare staff work and leave schedules and support in documenting of absences including staff timesheets
- Managing staff welfare issues such as Welcoming/ Sendoff parties, office snacks, and office space allocation.
- Organize replies to correspondence (email and letters), maintaining a list of key dates (e.g. expiry of employment / service contracts, registration requirements, audits, public holidays, visits, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field;
- 2-3 years in managing finance & administration in an INGO; experience in managing UNHCR funding projects is an added advantage.
- Excellent financial Understanding of data privacy standards;
- Integrity; honesty; interpersonal relations skills;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Planning, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Accountability – Our purpose-driven, results-focused approach means we take responsibility for our actions and hold ourselves accountable. We believe that others should also be held accountable for their actions.
- Empowerment – Our approach means that everyone involved with Oxfam, from our staff and supporters to people living in poverty, should feel they can make change happen.
- Inclusiveness – We are open to everyone and embrace diversity. We believe everyone has a contribution to make, regardless of visible and invisible differences.