Call for Proposals: Supporting South Sudanese Refugees to be Agents of Peace
Oxfam in Uganda seeks to support South Sudanese refugees to bring an end to violence and promote peace, both within South Sudan as well as in Uganda. Under this project Oxfam will support South Sudanese-led organizations to carry out activities within refugee settlements under any of the following themes:
- Building peaceful coexistence with host communities
- Supporting refugees’ awareness of and engagement in South Sudan peace processes
- Addressing ethnic and political cleavages among refugees
- Addressing youth idleness and poverty as a strategy for conflict mitigation
- Documenting and remembering the impact of the conflict
- Engaging with authorities to develop/discuss strategies for conflict mitigation in settlements
Time frame: Proposed activities should take place anytime between March and December 2019.
Budget: Proposed budgets should range from 10 to 25 million UGX
Geographical location: Proposed activities should take place in Arua District (Rhino, Omugo and Imvepi settlements), Yumbe District (Bidibidi settlement), or Palabek District (Lamwo settlement). Applicant should have a physical presence in the proposed project location.
Legal status: Applications are welcome from South Sudanese-led organizations and initiatives operating in Uganda. Note: Oxfam may consider applications from community groups without formal registration status. In such cases, Oxfam support would take the form of in-kind contributions and not a direct transfer of project funds.
Organizations will be selected based on:
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to conducting peacebuilding activities with South Sudanese refugees.
- Past engagements, experiences, and presence in proposed project location.
- Participation of women and youth in proposed project.
- Feasibility of proposed activities.
- Rationale for and appropriateness of program design.
- Use of innovative approaches.
- Appropriateness of proposed budget.
- Applications must be submitted electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org copying in Fiona.Awilli@oxfam.org with the subject line specifying “SS peace proposals” and the name of the organization.
- Evaluation of the proposals by a panel within Oxfam.
- Shortlisting, interviews and assessment of selected partners.
- Final review and approval of project and budget by Oxfam.
Download attachment for more details and proposal template.